I’m so in love with Onee/Mode, these more toned down styles of gal are perfect fot those of us who are transitioning into the work place and can’t sport the wild and out there fashions. These pieces are fairly easy to find in most stores in the U.S. Stores such as: Amiclubwear, Body Central, Forever 21.
You too can look great without breaking the bank!
I’ve made these three collages so that you can get a better idea of what to look for. There are three looks; onee/mode staples, and a daytime look, a nighttime look.
- Leather jacket, Peacoat, or Trenchcoat
- Bodycon skirt/Pencil skirt/Bandage skirt
- Dress with some sort of bold print (be it flower, tribal, or stripes)
- Any sort of pumps (nude, black, and white are the most common)
- Any sort of dressy accessory (such as a cross necklace, animal necklace i.e. owl, chandelier earrings, cocktail rings) however, I suggest you don’t over indulge in the accessories because you’re trying to look elegant not like a child who has gotten into her mom’s jewelry box.
- Quilted bag, Clutch, Shoulder bag, Designer bag (Chanel, Luis V, and Coach most common)
- Skinny Belts
- Off the shoulder tops, shirt dresses, dress shirts (i.e. transparent button up tops, striped shirts)
- Skinny jeans (distressed, black, white most common)
- Short skirts/Shirts
- Over the knee boots (brown, tan, black), pumps, nice flats
- Quilted bag or over the shoulder bag
- Leather jacket or Trench coat (tan, white, black, dark brown most common)
- Shirt dress, bodycon dress, or bandage skirt paired with a nice top (Photo in top left corner for example)
- Tights (nude, black most common)
- Lita boots, Pumps, Strappy heels
- Chandelier earrings, cocktail rings, simple bracelets
- Designer handbag (i.e. Chanel, Louis V) or Clutch
Up next is the rokku/ora ora post!